Bralorne Community Church - Contents History
Home | History | News | Photographs | Contact
BRIEF HISTORY OF CHURCH CONTENTSCopper Offering plate and flower Boxes ( in front of the Church) -- are originals and were made by a former Bralorne Mine Employee. They were returned to the Church before the official Re-Opening of the Church in 2001.Altar Cross was made and donated to our Church, by a member of the St. Thomas' Anglican Church Chilliwack B.C. and brought to the Church by Marilyn Fane and Joan Sutcliffe of Gun Lake and Chilliwack B.C.Brass Candle Sticks were donated by the Deer Lake United Church, Burnaby B.C. with the help of Rev. P. Collins Donated in 2001Original Bible -- dated 1936 (given to the Boultbee Memorial Church in June 1936, on the occasion of the Dedication of the new Church) The Bible was returned to the Church this past year by the Bralorne Pioneer Museum Committee. The Bible was restored in 2004 and it now is back on the Church altar, after so many years.
Original Baptismal Font -- was returned to the Church in 2003, with the kindness of the Congregation of the United Church of Texada Island and Rev. Jim Erb. The Babtismal Font was made by a member of the Boultbee Memorial Church. The Congregation presented it to the Church and the parents, in Memory of Jo-anne Margaret (1955-1959), daughter of Mr. and Mrs, George Thomson.
Altar Stained Glass window -- is a special re-production of the Original Stained Glass window. The Original is in the United Church, Texada Island. The beautiful Re-production was made and designed by the residents of the Agassiz Prison and was put in place above the altar, on May 28th 2004
Altar China Cabinet -- was generously donated by J.W. Pepin Lillooet B.C. It contains pieces that were returned and were donated to the Church. The Communion Pieces and the wooden offering Plate and silver Baptismal Font were donated by the Deer Lake United Church Burnaby B.C. Silver flower Container, and CGIT goblets (dated 1938 and 1946) were returned to the Church in 2001 by the Congregation of the Lillooet United Church. (They were in Lillooet since the Church was closed in the 1970's)
Organ (which is in the front of the Church) -- was donated by Mr. and Mrs, L. Lange Courtney B.C.
Last Supper -Wall Hanging (above main entrance) was donated by Member of the St. Thomas' Anglican Church, Chilliwack B.C.Oil painting of Madonna and Child -- was painted and donated to the Church by Mrs. Pauline Musgrave of Ladner.
Oil painting of Church -- behind Organ was painted and donated by John Sloan of Winnipeg Manitoba a visitor to our Valley and Church.
2 Wooden Pews -- were donated to the Church by the St. Philip's Anglican Church, Vancouver B.C.The original Pump Organ was returned to the Church in 2003 from Pemberton B.C.Pictures of Original Stained Glass windows -- were taken and donated to the Church by Mr. and Mrs. G. Lechner of Texada Island United Church.We have so many people to thank for their kindnesses for the donations of time, energy as well as the donations of former pieces that have come back to the Church. Rev. P. Collins ( Minister of The Boultbee Memorial Church from 1951-1955) deserves our many thanks for all that he has done and continues to do for his former Church. God Bless...........
- Bralorne Community Church, Bralorne, British Columbia --- Contact Information